Sunday, March 15, 2009

of setbacks and stubborness

T-minus 6 days and counting. $0 raised.

Well, this week has been a bit of a roller-coaster, and my fund-raising efforts have suffered for it.

Donate $5 today at Lance's Mass Snow Challenge Fundraising Page.

On Monday, I set up my donation site, and tried to set up my blog on another site. Had a ton of headaches, gave up on that blog site and finally set up this blog on Wednesday night.

On Thursday, I was laid off from my marketing job, so adjusting to that and getting the necessary paperwork done, and warming up the network has taken up most of my time. (See my LinkedIn profile at www.linkedin.com/in/lancegomes.)

However, my wonderful wife agreed that I should still plan to ski next week, and I still believe in this cause and want to help support it. So I am re-launching my fundraising efforts, now with less than a week remaining.

Next steps:

  1. Email Friends & contacts
  2. Post on Facebook & Twitter
  3. Email/Call a few blogging/podcasting friends/contacts
  4. Come up with more next steps
  5. blog about it

Ah, may the money start rolling in, even if it's not for me!

Lance's Mass Snow Challenge Fundraising Page.

1 comment:

  1. Go Lance! Have fun. Thanks for supporting a great cause!

    ReplyDelete